Tuesday, March 10, 2009

apple's new airport extreme supports two wireless networks at once!


Now that apple's airport extreme has dual band wifi radios, the $179 price tag seems reasonable to me. I will probably be picking this up with my new Imac in a few months. With the airport extreme producing two wireless networks at 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands simultaneously, this can really help simplify my setup. I currently have two airport expresses. Since my wii, blackberry, and Ipod touch don't do wireless N, I have to leave my airport express network running on a G signal. Since my macbook and new Imac will be capable of using a wireless N signal, I'd rather use that for faster speeds and file transfers. With this new airport extreme, I can have one network running at N for my macs, and another network running at G for my blackberry, wii, and ipod touch. Two networks in one router is worth $179 to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment